|Prof. Dr. Peter H. Schmitt|
| Professor im Ruhestand |
pschmitt∂ira uka de
Am Fasanengarten 5, Gebäude 50.34
- Peter H. Schmitt was born 22 May, 1948.
- He studied Mathematics and Physics at the University of Heidelberg.
- In 1975 he obtained his doctorate in Mathematics at the University of Heidelberg. His main research interest at that time was in Mathematical Logic.
- From summer 1975 to summer 1976 he held a post-doc position at Simon Fraser University, British Columbia, Canada.
- He was a visiting researcher at the Hebrew University of Jerusalem for a month during the "International Logic Year", 1981.
- In 1983 he obtained his Habilitation (2. PhD) at the University of Heidelberg.
- From 1984 to 1988 he worked for IBM Germany. His main assignment was within the LILOG project.
- From 1988 to 2014 he was a fulll professor for Theoretical Computer Science at the University of Karlsruhe (since 2006 Karlsruhe Institute of Technology).
- His main research interests lie in the area of Formal Methods: formal specification, programm verification, automated reasoning.
He is one of the founding fathers of the KeY project.
- Peter Schmitt retired from his professorship in October, 2014.
- He is a member of the Supervisory Board of the Leibniz-Zentrum für Informatik, Schloß Dagstuhl.
For the time being, my old website can still be accessed here